Sunday, June 15, 2008

My First Father's Day

This is my first father's day and so far it has been special to me. For those of us not in the military, this (and mother's day) is the only holiday that exist's because of something that we actually did. Up to this point in my life, I have been giving gifts and love to my father...but this year I am on the receiving end as well. But, you know, the gifts mean nothing. My wife, as she has a habit, made a handmade card for me. In it, she had written what Carter would say to me today, if he could say it. She translated those huge grins Carter gets when I come into the room into words that describes the adoration only a 4 month old child can have for his father. She fleshed out my son's feelings for me and made me realize how great it is to have a child. I thank my wife for her efforts to make father's day special. Oh, yeah, she also has bought me tickets to go see the Braves play with one of my friends. :p

2 comments:

Sara said...

I'm glad you like your gift. You only experience your first Father's Day once. I'm glad your my baby's daddy. :) ;)

April said...

I'm so glad you had a good First Father's Day! I'm also glad to see that you are blogging now. I'll look forward to keeping up with you via your blog.