Sunday, March 22, 2009

The Beach

The sun is shining and it is a beautiful day. I sit just five minutes from the wind swept atlantic ocean and a long walk along the beach. Of course, I should want to go walking on the beach, but it is just not the same without my special someone. She loves the beach and has drug me unwillingly to the crashing sun baked landscape as long as I have known her. It is sad being here without her; it just is not the same at the beach without her, so I just don't go. Hopefully, my next in earnest trip to the beach will not only be with her, but with my son also. I cannot wait to see him playing in the sand, rustling up some dead creature from the waves, getting ticked at momma for having to sit still long enough for the suntan lotion bathing. That will be a happy day. Until then....

2 comments:

Sara said...

Whoa! The sentimental side came out in your writing! I didn't realize that you associate the beach with me. It's not a bad place to be. You know I love the ocean. There's just something about it... Maybe we should take a beach vacation soon. Then we can enjoy our walk in the sand together.

April said...

Alright. That's just precious! These past 6 months has been a long time for your family; I'm so thankful you're heading back this way soon!! It really is a great post, JJ. :)